Monday, December 19, 2011

DIY Project: Frosted Wine Glasses

So, Christmas is a mere 6 days away. And, believe it or not, I (with the help of Pinterest) got into the Christmas spirit. I have a handful (okay maybe two handfuls) of close friends and I wanted to do something nice for them. And, I wanted an excuse to go Pinterest-crazy. So, (almost) everyday this week, I'll showing you a quick, easy, and fun do-it-yourself project that you can put into action if you need a last-minute gift for someone. These are all super-easy. Trust. If I can do them, you can do them.

Today's DIY is frosted wine glasses. Here's what you'll need:

  • wine glasses (I bought some for $5 at Walmart) 
  • rubber bands ($1 - Hobby Lobby) 
  • frost spray paint (This I bought from Lowe's for about $7.) It looks like this: 

So, this whole DIY cost about $13 dollars. Not bad. 

Here's what you do: 

1. Grab your rubber bands and a clean wine glass. Also, make sure that you have clean, non-greasy hands.


2. Then, wrap rubber bands all over the wine glass, however you want. Here, you can tell that I'm wrapping them and overlapping them all over the place. However, from experience I learned that horizontal lines, with no overlapping, works best. 



3. Then, you spray. You MUST do this outside, so do it when there's some light still. This will help you spray evenly and thoroughly. I decided to do two coats, just to maximize the frostiness. 



4. This spray paint says give it an hour before you handle it. But, once that hour is up, grab some scissors and (carefully) cut off the rubber bands. Then, brush off the excess spray paint. Give them a good wash (inside especially so that you don't poison your friends) and gift them to your bestest buds. 

I'm ashamed to say I don't have a closeup of these glasses but I gave two to Eddie and two to Mario. Here they are: 


Look how cute they are! (The boys aren't too bad either!) 


Again, great DIY. And if your friends happen to be more of a beer drinker, it's all the better. Make them some always-frosty beer mugs! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo! Love this! Totally doing it.

Post a Comment